Online Process for New Card: Online application process for New PAN card?
1) Charges for online PAN application are: a)Rs. 94 (including service tax) for Indian communication address. b)Rs. 944 (including service tax) for foreign communication address. 2) Payment of application fee can be made through credit/debit card or net-banking. 3) Subsequently, applicant is required to send the supporting documents through courier/post. 4) To apply for a new PAN Card online by Click here 5)Processing Time: Around 5 days if applied through internet, otherwise about 15 days. 6) Delivery of PAN Card: Department ensures delivery of new PAN card at the postal address indicated in PAN
Requirement of a PAN Card: Why is PAN card needed ?
1) It is compulsory to quote PAN on return of income. 2) Any person carrying on any business or profession whose total annual sales, turnover or gross receipts
are or is likely to exceed Rs. 5 lakh. 3) Any person, who intends to enter into financial transaction where quoting PAN is mandatory like: a) Sale/Purchase of any immovable property valued at 5 lakh rupees or more. b) Sale/Purchase of a motor vehicle. c) Deposit exceeding Rs. 50,000 with a bank or Post Office Savings Bank. d) A contract of a value exceeding Rs. 1 lakh for sale or purchase of securities. e) Opening a bank account. f) Applying for a telephone connection (landline or mobile). g) Bank transaction for an amount aggregating Rs. 50,000+ during any one day.
What is PAN Card: What is full form of PAN card? Does it change?
1) PAN- Permanent Account Number- as the name suggests, is a permanent number & does not change
during lifetime of PAN holder. 2) PAN is a 10 digit alphanumeric number- issued in the form of a laminated card- by the IT Department.
Lost Your PAN card: What are the next steps?
1) Notify the police about the lost PAN card & file an FIR in the police station. 2) Fill in the form with the lost PAN card details and submit it to the Income Tax Department. To get the form Click here 3) In case you do not remember your PAN card number, you can retrieve it online.
To know the PAN card number Click here
4) 1 stamp size photograph needs to be attached in the form.
5) A processing fee of Rs. 94 needs to be given along with the application form.
6) You will get a new PAN card within 15 - 20 working days from date of application.
7) The Department will ensure delivery of new PAN card in the address mentioned in the application form.
Corrections: How can one get the changes/corrections done in the PAN card?
To apply for changes or any correction in your PAN card:Click here
TATKAL: Is there a TATKAL facility to expedite processing of PAN card?
- No, there is no TATKAL for PAN allotment.
File Complaint: Still waiting for your PAN card? File a complaint for card processing?