A good diet and a positive attitude is all that you need to gain weight. Following are 6 ways that can help you gain weight. However, any person suffering from any ailment must consult a doctor prior to adopting these ways to gain weight.
Ways to gain weight
Step 1:Exercise and weights
Step 1 : Exercise and weights 5 days a week.
1. Exercise helps to gain muscle mass & not unwanted fat.
2. Free weight exercises like squats, dead lifts, bench presses, barbell rows, dumbells,
pull ups & bar dips stimulate maximum number of muscle fibres.
3. Initially, try performing these exercises under trained supervision.
4. Do not consume supplements to gain weight as they may be harmful for the body.
5. It usually takes a few months, for the weight to actually show. Do not get frustrated and
quit if results do not show up in a few days.
Step 2: Eating habits
Step 2: Focus on your eating habits.
1. Instead of 4, eat 5 small meals daily starting with a good breakfast.
2. Eat food like cheese sticks, milk shakes, dried fruits and yogurt.
3. Choose dense fruits (bananas, apples) over watery fruits (plums, watermelon).
4. Having a dessert after meal helps gain needed calories.
5. Include nuts (almond, walnut & chestnut) in your snack.
Step 3: Fluids intake
Step 3: Take the right fluids daily.
1. Have a banana shake and 1 glass of fresh fruit juice daily.
2. Drink herbal tea as it helps to build muscle and fight toxins in body.
3. Have soya milk or soya based cream food twice a day.
4. Consuming 1 glass of whole milk after any meal during the day helps to gain weight.
5. Stop drinking non-caloric beverages like diet soda, plain coffee or tea.
Step 4: Home remedies
Step 4: Having these simple food remedies help gain weight.
1. Eat muskmelon (kharbuja) thrice a day.
2. Have 30 gms raisins (kishmish) daily for a month.
3. Soak 3-4 dry figs (anjeer) in water over night & have it twice a day.
4. Consume white food items like cheese, white rice, white bread, ice cream, yogurt
as they help to increase weight rapidly.
Step 5: Ayurveda
Step 5: Ayurveda remedies.
1. Ashwagandh Avaleha: Helps remove pathogens from the body & increases energy levels.
2. Ashwagandh Choorn: Have it twice a day with honey, milk or ghee.
3. Chyawanprash: Have it daily after dinner with one glass of milk.
4. Khushmanda Avaleha: Have 1 teaspoon once a week at night with a cup of milk.
5. Take a mixture of Fenugreek (methi dana), alfalfa (jaw) & fennel seeds (sauf) once a week as
it helps improve digestion.
Step 6: Track progress
Step 6: Track your weight monthly.
1. On 1st of every month, track and record your weight to gauge progress.
2. Capture the reading at the same time (early morning) every month... not after lunch or dinner.
3. Read this list once a week to check whether you are following your daily routine or not.
4. Visualize yourself in your desired body shape/weight and keep working towards your goal. To
check what your ideal weight should be (based on your height)... Click here