What type of courses are offered and for how long?
1. Learner's Course:
a) Initial level course for people who have no idea about driving.
b) Course duration ranges from minimum 15 days to maximum of 40 days.
2. Refresher's Course: a) Given to learners who know basic driving but want to polish their driving skills.
b) Course duration ranges up to 5 days (30 mins to 1 hour per day generally).
What is the approximate fee for learning how to drive?
1) Fee varies from Rs. 1500 - Rs. 6000.
2) Fee differs a lot from city to city and is also based on the choice of car selected for training.
What is the process of training?
1. Initial 2 to 3 days are spent on teaching the learner about the basics of driving.
2. Driver guide manual & traffic rule book is provided for self study to the learner.
3. Usually, 3rd or 4th day onwards the learner is taken for training on road.
4. Learner may undergo practical training during the day as well as evening time.
5. Training is completed in approximately 15 - 20 days depending on the skill of the learner.
For how long is the training given everyday?
1. Learners are given 30 minutes training on road everyday.
2. Within this time, they cover around 7 to 10 kms of driving practice everyday.
3. The number of driving sessions varies from person to person based on speed of learning.
Is there any theoretical class before learning to drive on road?
1)Yes. Driving institutes provide theory classes to educate learners about the basics of:
a) Road signs, markings.
b) Traffic lights and rules.
c) Driving ettiquettes.
d) Vehicle know how and basics.
e) Safety driving practices.
f) Vehicle controls and mechanisms.
Which car used?
What model of car is used for training?
1. Generally cars like Alto, Santro, i10 and Wagon R are preferred for training.
2. Depending upon the location, choice of car might be given to the learner.
Test after course?
Is there any theoretical or practical test after the course is completed?
1) Generally driving schools do not conduct such tests after completion of the course.
2) However, Maruti driving school does encourage a written as well as a practical test
to ensure that the learner has proper driving knowledge.
3) For getting a learner or permanent driving license made: Click here